The SCB offers numerous possibilities for continuing education in the professional realm as well as for qualified amateurs.
- The program of supplementary studies (‘Ergänzungsstudium’) offers musicians who have already completed diploma studies an opportunity for intensified experience with their voice or instrument through acquiring knowledge of historic music practise.
- Special courses, open to a limited number of interested students, may be attended by qualified persons.
- Lectures, scholarly conferences (colloquia, symposia) and some workshops with instructors from outside the SCB may be open to interested persons.
- Student recitals and other concerts presented by students, as well as the concerts in the series ‘Freunde alter Musik Basel’ are open to the public.
- The publications and CD series of the SCB offer information and documentation on themes related to Early Music.
- The Vera Oeri Library of the Music Academy, may also be used by persons from outside the Academy.